Carl Taylor, started out as an introverted shy teenager who would do anything he could to not stand out in a crowd.
After investing more than decade of his life and over half a million dollars into his own personal education and business experiences, he is now Australia's leading freedom focused business expert and the bestselling author of 2 personal development books.
Just as no one is born an expert they learn and develop their skills over time, so too has Carl's journey in business and life.
Here's a snapshot of some of Carl's experiences...
- Carl got started in business when he became a sole trader in 2001 at the age of 15, launching ZainyFX a web design and web hosting company that he ran from home, while still juggling being a school student and working part time as the youngest assistant manager of a Franchised Pizza shop.
In 2003, he decided to sell this business, to one of his suppliers doing the negotiation over MSN messenger, to pursue other interests.
- In 2003, after a short stint as an apprentice in Home Automation & Audio Visual Installations, Carl bought into his fathers IT Support company.
Together they ran this for many years from their family home scraping by but not really making any amazing levels of income.
- Then a cold call in 2006 from a business coach changed Carl's life setting him on the path of learning from those who had walked the journey before him through books, seminars and mentoring.
- Carl's confidence continued to develop outside of the business world while co-writing and singing in the band Shopping For Trolleys, which involved a battle of the bands performance as his first taste at being up in front of a crowd.
- In early 2007, Carl purchased a small Gift Basket business being run from weekend markets and fax based orders, 18 months later he sold the business as a fully systemised and online business servicing companies like Pepsi and the Sydney Opera House.
- Red Means Go!, Carl's first book was written in 5 days while holidaying between Christmas Day and New Years Eve 2009 and was rated #1 New & Noteable Business audiobook by iTunes in 2010.
- In 2011, Carl sold the IT Support Company he and his father had run together for 8 years after growing it from the family home into an office with 5 staff, recurring revenues, and clients across Australia.
- After some time floundering and trying to figure out who he was again he decided to re-invent himself from the shy & geeky guy he'd been and focus on speaking and mentoring other business owners through his business education company Business Builders Academy in 2012.
- Carl's entrepreneurial career led to him be named in the 30 Under 30 Awards 2 years in a row (2011 & 2012), as well as being named in the Top 10 Young & Influential Awards in 2012.
- In 2014, after two years of running business seminars throughout Australia, Carl quit coaching and founded Automation Agency a Done-For-You online marketing agency helping small business owners actually implement the latest marketing tools and strategies and not just learn about them.Today Automation Agency works with hundreds of small businesses and online marketers all over the world including United States, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand.
- In 2019, Carl had a 7 year relationship come to a sudden end leading him on a new and deeper journey of self discovery and growth that once again changed (or he would say "re-aligned") the path Carl's life was following.
- Becoming Bulletproof, Carl's second book was once again written over 5 days the week before Christmas 2019 (Effectively 10 years after Red Means Go!) and was published globally becoming a #1 Bestselling Book in 2020.
As Carl often says... "The purpose of my life is to be a guiding light leading others to their greater selves"
This quote highlights how Carl's approach and desire to inspire, lead and share from his own experiences to support those who are looking to transform their own lives and discover their best self.
Carl continues to live by his belief that life is ultimately what we choose it to be. "Since you're writing your own story, you might as well make it one you like!"
To arrange Carl as a speaker for your next event, podcast guest or media interview Click on Contact Carl